Finance + Deflation
As the title states, Statera (STA) is a Token that makes an interesting combination between deflation and decentralized finance (defi). Although deflation is the trend during this COVID-19 pandemic where central banks are inflating the currency supply, deflation alone will not give Statera much value with many reasons. One of them is that deflationary currency is nothing new where the earliest deflationary token that is surviving well until now is BOMB and I will be directly frank that if all you want is a deflationary token then go to BOMB instead of Statera.
For deflation to be attractive, it must occur due to market movement. Like BOMB, Statera burns 1% of each transaction. Now, the question is, how to make people perform more transaction? Ofcourse, the answer is to deliver value. One of the best way to deliver value is to have a product and what product does Statera provides? A balancer, a great product to twist deflation.
Getting their Index Fund
- If you have Ethereum, you can just transfer them to a web3 wallet. If not, then start from the beginning in how to obtain Ethereum and learn how to use decentralized exchange and DEFI.
- Go to their website, and click the trade menu to get some Statera (STA), also get wETH.
- Go back to their website, scroll down, click the button stating providing liquidity for Statera (STA) in uniswap, and provide liquidity by locking equal amount of Statera (STA).
- To see the delta token contract address, just paste your wallet address in any Ethereum explorer.
Delta Token Pool
- Go back to their website, scroll down, click the button stating providing liquidity phoenix fund on Balancer.
- Connect wallet, click provide liquidity, create proxy, and activate necessary assets.
- Choose either single asset or all pool assets.
- If you choose all pool assets, you also need wBTC, SNX, and LINK
This is the end of the interesting section of Statera. If you are already familiar with DEFI and the rest of the crypto space, then you can skip the rest of the section because they are just repetition about crypto and DEFI. Read more at their blog.
An Open Cryptocurrency
Like all open cryptocurrency, Statera is decentralized where no single entity controls the token. In the tradional centralized banking system, finance is controlled by intermediaries. You probably though that the control is only the fees that we need to pay to these intermediaries but their control extends beyond that. You need to beg them if you want to participate in their market and you probably have no idea how many have been rejected. They can perform drastic measures such as controlling the supply and even shutting down the market. The worst that they can do is confiscating your assets. In the decentralized world, no one have that kind of power. It is the free market as it is. Use and trade whenever you want and you have full control over your own assets.
It is finance on decentralized network. It became a trend because of the idea that you can do finance without intermediary. You can invest in Statera and their index funds without the needs of any permission, anywhere there is an Ethereum node which cannot be censored since it is peer-to-peer (P2P), and you are in full control. Who knows if in the future they extend to other financial services such loan, installment, and future. More info of how to invest in their index fund on their Medium